2004-08-16 19:54:34 UTC
I have spent hours trying to install an msi file. It gives me incorrect
command line parameters error.
I tried in vein to reinstall Windows Installer using the methods in:
I renamed the DLLs and msiexec.exe but everytime I reboot, the Windows
Installer gets installed automatically. I reinstalled SP4. and everytime I
run InstMsiW.exe, I get a specified service already exists.
- How do I remove Windows Installer and stop Windows from reinstalling it
- Why do I get the above message and how do I remove/stop/kill/get rid of
the installer service so that InstMsiW.exe continues?
- Why does running msiexec /V give "Invalid Function" error?
- The installer gets installed by itself but I can't find the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer key. How
come the installer says service exists but the key is missing?
- How do I know if the installer service is actually running? I can't find
in the service control panel.
- Is there a tool that converts .msi files to some other kind of
installation.. installshield maybe?
I am really getting fed up with this wretched piece of software. Please